How much does it cost to repair a peeling vinyl dining chair seat?
The cost to repair a peeling vinyl dining chair seat professionally can vary depending on several factors such as location, the type of repair needed, and the professional's experience. On average, it can cost anywhere from $50 to $150 per chair to have it repaired professionally.
Coconix repair kits is a best choise!
On the other hand, the Coconix Leather and Vinyl Repair Kit cost much less compared to hiring a professional. Additionally, using the Coconix Leather and Vinyl Repair Kit also allows you to make repairs as needed, rather than having to pay for professional repairs each time. This makes it a more cost-effective solution in the long run.
This repair process is considered to be easy and straight-forward.
The time required for this repair will depend on the size and severity of the peeling. In general, it can take anywhere from a few hours to a full day.
Cotton swab or cotton pad
Plastic wrap (optional, for adding texture to the repair)
Preparing the Damaged Area
- Carefully trim any excess threads and jagged bits from the peeling on your vinyl dining chair seat.
Cleaning the Area
- Clean the area around the peeling on your vinyl dining chair seat with rubbing alcohol and a cotton swab.
- Make sure to test it on a hidden area first. If alcohol is harsh for your material, you may use warm, soapy water or your usual leather or vinyl cleaner.
Mixing the Repair Compound
- If your repair requires a custom color, refer to the Color Mixing Guide in the kit to match the color and prepare the mixture using the empty mixing jar provided.
Applying the Repair Compound
- Apply the repair compound to the damaged area on your vinyl dining chair seat.
- Start by applying it under and along the edges and work from the outside toward the center.
- Use the spatula for larger applications and the brush for surface applications and detail touch-ups.
Drying and Additional Layers
- Allow several hours for the repair compound to dry until it is no longer sticky to the touch on your vinyl dining chair seat.
- Once dry, apply additional layers until the repaired area is level with the rest of the area.
- To add texture to your repair finish, tear off a slightly larger piece of plastic wrap
- Press it against the semi dry final layer of the repair compound
- When you lift your hand off, the area will be slightly textured
- Repeat this process until you’ve achieved the desired texture on your vinyl dining chair seat
- Once the repair compound is completely dry, use a cotton pad or cotton swab and rubbing alcohol to buff out the edges of the repaired area.
- This will ensure a smooth and seamless finish.
- Wipe your chairs down with a damp cloth or a cleaner specifically designed for vinyl every few weeks to remove dust and dirt.
- Avoid exposing it to direct sunlight or heat sources for long periods of time.
- Use coasters or place mats under any items placed on the chairs to prevent scratches or peeling.
- Keep the chairs away from sharp objects or abrasive surfaces that could cause further damage.
- Regularly check the chairs for any signs of wear or damage and address them promptly to prevent the problem from worsening.
And there you have it! Your vinyl dining chair seat is now looking as good as new. Remember to take your time, and don't hesitate to ask for help if needed. Happy chair repairing! And don't forget to show off your newly repaired chair to all your friends and family, they will be impressed with your new skills!
One Repair Leads to Another
And don't forget that the Coconix offers other repair kits as well! The Fabric and Carpet Repair Kit can be used for repairing rips, tears, and burns in your carpets, rugs, and furniture upholstery, while the Floor and Furniture Repair Kit is great for fixing scratches, dings, and other damage on your hardwood, laminate, and vinyl flooring, as well as furniture. With these kits, you can tackle any repair job in your home, and have everything looking like new again. So why not give them a try and see for yourself the amazing results that can be achieved with Coconix repair kits.
See what people are saying!
The Solution for Peeling Vinyl Furniture
“I recently used the Coconix Leather and Vinyl Repair Kit to fix a peeling vinyl seat on one of my dining chairs and I couldn't be happier with the results! The kit was easy to use and the instructions were clear and simple to follow. I was worried that the repair would be noticeable, but the end result was seamless and blended in perfectly with the rest of the chair. The repair has held up well and the chair looks like new again. I highly recommend this kit to anyone in need of a quick and easy fix for their vinyl furniture.”