How much does it cost to repair a damaged parquet floor?
Repairing a damaged parquet floor can be a costly process, especially if you opt for professional services. Hiring a professional floor repair specialist can cost anywhere from $50 to $200 or more per hour, depending on the extent of the damage and the location. The cost of repair materials, such as adhesives, filler, and stains, can add up quickly as well.
Coconix repair kits are the best choice!
On the other hand, repairing your parquet floor with the Coconix Floor and Furniture Repair Kit can be a cost-effective solution. You can save money on labor costs and get the job done right in the comfort of your own home. Plus, the kit comes with everything you need to make the repair, including adhesives, fillers, and touch-up paint. With clear instructions and a user-friendly design, anyone can make a repair with confidence and ease.
So if you're looking to save money on your floor repair project, consider using the Coconix Floor and Furniture Repair Kit. Say goodbye to the high costs of professional services and hello to a beautifully restored floor.
This repair process is considered to be easy and straightforward, as long as you take your time and follow the instructions carefully.
The time required for this repair will depend on the size and severity of the damages on your parquet floor. In general, it can take anywhere from a few hours to a full day. But trust us, it's worth the wait to have your floor looking like new again.
Sandpaper (if needed)
Preparing the Area
- Carefully remove any dirt or debris from the damaged area.
- Clean the area and remove any dust.
- Wipe down the area with a damp cloth and let it dry thoroughly.
Matching the Color
- If your repair requires a custom color, refer to the Color Mixing Guide found in the kit to match the color of the parquet floor and prepare the mixture in the empty mixing jar.
Filling the Chips
- For damages larger than 1/4 of an inch, use the parquet filler to fill the damages on the parquet floor.
- Cut off the required amount of parquet filler and knead it until it becomes a uniform color.
- Apply the filler within 2 minutes after kneading. Press the filler firmly into the damages until curing is noticeable. Do not leave a bulge.
- For a smooth surface, rub the area with a damp cloth prior to hardening. After 1 hour, the parquet filler can be sanded, tapped, and drilled.
Applying the Repair Compound
- Apply the repair compound to the damaged area. Start by applying it around the edges of the damages and work your way towards the center to avoid air bubbles.
- Use the spatula for larger applications and the brush for surface applications and detail touch-ups.
- Smooth out the surface and wipe off the excess with a paper towel.
Drying and Additional Layers
- Allow several hours for the repair compound to dry until it is no longer sticky to the touch.
- If needed, apply additional layers until the repaired area is level with the surrounding area of the parquet floor.
- Sand the area lightly with fine-grit sandpaper to make the repair smooth and even with the surrounding floor.
And that's it! Your damaged parquet floor has been successfully repaired and is ready for use. Show off your handy work to your friends and family next time they come over. Don't forget to visit coconix.com/resources for more tips and tricks on floor repairs. Happy repairing! Remember to handle your floor with care. With proper care and maintenance, your parquet floor will last for years to come. Enjoy your newly repaired floor and the satisfaction of a job well done!
One Repair Leads to Another
Aside from the highly-regarded Coconix Floor and Furniture Repair Kit, Coconix offers other repair solutions that cater to a range of household needs. To start, there's the Fabric and Carpet Repair Kit - perfect for fixing those stubborn holes, tears and burns that occur in carpets, rugs, and upholstery. The kit comes complete with a variety of repair compound colors to match the damaged area, and easy-to-follow instructions that make the repair process a breeze. Say goodbye to unsightly damage caused by pets, kids, or daily wear and tear, and bring back the life to your fabrics and carpets.
And for those looking to revive their leather and vinyl items, the Leather and Vinyl Repair Kit is the answer. The kit provides the tools and materials needed to repair scratches, cuts, and holes in furniture, car interiors, and clothing made from leather and vinyl. A variety of repair compound colors are included to blend seamlessly with the damaged area, and the step-by-step instructions make the repair process a snap. Restore the look and feel of your leather and vinyl items, and give them a new lease on life with this comprehensive kit.
Both the Fabric and Carpet Repair Kit and the Leather and Vinyl Repair Kit are user-friendly and come with all the necessary tools and materials. Whether you're a homeowner, renter, or professional, these kits make it easy to tackle any repair project with confidence. With Coconix, you can save time and money by avoiding the need to replace damaged items, and enjoy professional-looking results.
Surprisingly good results on laminate floor
Best customer service ever!!
Not only is the product great and easy to use, but if you have questions they respond immediately. I was able to match colors on a cherry cabinet as well as an Oak parquet floor tile. I highly recommend this product for any do it yourselfer. At last a company that really takes pride in their products.