Follow these 3 Easy Steps:
REPAIR STEPS IN DETAIL
1. Start by cleaning the area and removing any debris. Wipe it down with a damp cloth and let it dry thoroughly.
2. Surface damages, like superficial scratches, nicks or marks, are not suitable for the wood putty. For these damages, apply the repair compound directly.
3. Prepare your color mixture. If you need assistance on color matching your wood, you may contact our Coconix Support Team. To learn more about color matching, please read our Coconix Color Matching Guide.
4. After matching your color, apply the repair compound to the damaged area. Use the spatula for larger applications and the brush for surface applications and detail touch ups. Smooth out the surface and wipe off the excess with a paper towel.
5. Allow several hours to dry until the repair compound is no longer sticky to touch. If needed, apply additional layers until the repaired area is flush with the rest.
6. The correct sheen is almost as important as the correct color.
For a matte finish: Carefully rub the repaired area with a pad of steel wool to lower the sheen.
For a glossy finish: Apply varnish or clear lacquer over the repaired area.
REPAIR VIDEO: How to Repair Wood Scratches and Cracks
Downloadable Instructional Manual
To repair other wood damages, proceed to the following links: