How to Repair Wood Scratches and Cracks in 3 Easy Steps
Step 1: APPLY
After cleaning the area thoroughly, apply a thin layer of the repair compound.
Step 2: LET DRY
Add layers as needed. Wait for the repair compound to dry between layers.
Step 3: BUFF
Smooth out the surface and wipe off the excess with a paper towel.
How to Repair Wood Scratches and Cracks in Detailed Steps
1. Start by cleaning the area and removing any debris. Wipe it down with a damp cloth and let it dry thoroughly.
2. Surface damages, like superficial scratches, nicks or marks, are not suitable for the wood putty. For these damages, apply the repair compound directly.
3. Prepare your color mixture. If you need assistance on color matching your wood, you may contact our Coconix Support Team. To learn more about color matching, please read our Coconix Color Matching Guide.
4. After matching your color, apply the repair compound to the damaged area. Use the spatula for larger applications and the brush for surface applications and detail touch ups. Smooth out the surface and wipe off the excess with a paper towel.
5. Allow several hours to dry until the repair compound is no longer sticky to touch. If needed, apply additional layers until the repaired area is flush with the rest.
6. The correct sheen is almost as important as the correct color.
For a matte finish: Carefully rub the repaired area with a pad of steel wool to lower the sheen.
For a glossy finish: Apply varnish or clear lacquer over the repaired area.
Downloadable Instructional Manual
Contact us and get your personalized advice on color matching from our Coconix Support Team who breathes and lives this stuff! Or get ultimate repair guides, step-by-step video tutorials, free repair eBooks, and more by joining Coconix Learning Hub!
Calling all car enthusiasts! Are you tired of looking at those unsightly scuffs on your leather car shift knob? Fret not, because with the help of the Coconix Leather and Vinyl Repair Kit, you'll be able to ...Read more
Are you tired of staring at that unsightly hole in your leather car steering wheel? Want to fix it but don't want to spend a fortune on getting it professionally done? With the Coconix Leather and Vinyl Repa...Read more
Don't let that crack on your car door panel ruin the appearance of your car! With the Coconix Leather and Vinyl Repair Kit, you can easily fix that crack and have your car door panel looking like new again i...Read more