How to Repair Wood Scratches and Cracks in 3 Easy Steps
Step 1: APPLY
After cleaning the area thoroughly, apply a thin layer of the repair compound.
Step 2: LET DRY
Add layers as needed. Wait for the repair compound to dry between layers.
Step 3: BUFF
Smooth out the surface and wipe off the excess with a paper towel.
How to Repair Wood Scratches and Cracks in Detailed Steps
1. Start by cleaning the area and removing any debris. Wipe it down with a damp cloth and let it dry thoroughly.
2. Surface damages, like superficial scratches, nicks or marks, are not suitable for the wood putty. For these damages, apply the repair compound directly.
3. Prepare your color mixture. If you need assistance on color matching your wood, you may contact our Coconix Support Team. To learn more about color matching, please read our Coconix Color Matching Guide.
4. After matching your color, apply the repair compound to the damaged area. Use the spatula for larger applications and the brush for surface applications and detail touch ups. Smooth out the surface and wipe off the excess with a paper towel.
5. Allow several hours to dry until the repair compound is no longer sticky to touch. If needed, apply additional layers until the repaired area is flush with the rest.
6. The correct sheen is almost as important as the correct color.
For a matte finish: Carefully rub the repaired area with a pad of steel wool to lower the sheen.
For a glossy finish: Apply varnish or clear lacquer over the repaired area.
Downloadable Instructional Manual
Contact us and get your personalized advice on color matching from our Coconix Support Team who breathes and lives this stuff! Or get ultimate repair guides, step-by-step video tutorials, free repair eBooks, and more by joining Coconix Learning Hub!
Has a tear left an unsightly mark on your beloved microfiber sofa? Don't worry, because with the help of the Coconix Fabric and Carpet Repair Kit, you'll be able to fix that tear and have your sofa looking l...Read more
Has a hole left an unsightly mark on your beloved fabric recliner? Don't worry, because with the help of the Coconix Fabric and Carpet Repair Kit, you'll be able to fix that hole and have your recliner looki...Read more
Has a cigarette burn left an unsightly mark on your beloved sofa? Don't worry, because with the help of the Coconix Fabric and Carpet Repair Kit, you'll be able to fix that burn and have your sofa looking li...Read more