Coconix repair kits are the best choice!
DIY repairs with the Coconix Leather and Vinyl Repair Kit can save you money, and it is a simple and easy process. By following the instructions carefully and taking your time, you can repair your dog-chewed vinyl chair and have it looking like new again. Not only will you save money by doing it yourself, but you will also have the satisfaction of a job well done.
It is always a good idea to research and compare prices for professional repairs before making a decision. But, if you are looking for an affordable and easy alternative, the Coconix Leather and Vinyl Repair Kit is a great option to consider. Visit coconix.com for more information on the kit and to check out the instructions and videos to guide you through the repair process.
Although it may appear to be a challenging task, this repair process is actually considered to be moderately easy. By taking the time to read through the instructions carefully and following them closely, you will be able to accomplish this task without too much difficulty.
The time required for this repair will depend on the size and severity of the damage on your chair. In general, it can take anywhere from a few hours to a full day. But trust us, it's worth the wait to have your beloved chair looking like new again and safe from your furry friend's chewing habits.
Cotton swab or cotton pad
Plastic wrap (optional, for adding texture to the repair)
Prepare the Damaged Area
- Carefully trim any excess threads, jagged bits, or burn marks from the chewed areas of your chair.
- If necessary, cut off any charred material.
Clean the Area
- Clean the area around the chew marks on your chair with rubbing alcohol and a cotton swab.
- Make sure to test it on a hidden area first. If alcohol is harsh for your material, you may use warm, soapy water or your usual leather or vinyl cleaner.
Match the Color
- If your repair requires a custom color, refer to the Coconix Color Mixing Guide to match the color of your chair.
- Prepare the mixture using the empty mixing jar included in the kit.
Apply the Repair Compound
- Apply the repair compound to the chewed areas of your chair.
- Start by applying it under and along the edges and work from the outside toward the center.
- Use the spatula for larger applications and the brush for surface applications and detail touch-ups.
Allow to Dry
- Allow several hours for the repair compound to dry until it is no longer sticky to the touch.
- Once dry, apply additional layers until the repaired area is level with the rest of the chair.
Add Texture (Optional)
- To add texture to your repair finish, tear off a slightly larger piece of plastic wrap.
- Press it against the semi-dry final layer of the repair compound.
- When you lift your hand off, the area will be slightly textured. Repeat this process until you've achieved the desired texture.
- Once the repair compound has dried, use a cotton swab or cotton pad and rubbing alcohol to buff out the edges on your chair.
- This will help to smooth out any rough edges and make the repair look as seamless as possible.
And that's it! With the Coconix Leather and Vinyl Repair Kit, you can easily fix any chew marks on your vinyl chair and keep your furniture looking like new. So don't let your pup's love for chewing ruin your furniture. Grab your kit and get to work! Happy furniture fixing!
One Repair Leads to Another
In addition to the Coconix Leather and Vinyl Repair Kit, there are also other kits available to help you with your home repairs. The Coconix Fabric and Carpet Repair Kit is perfect for fixing tears and burns in your fabric furniture, carpets, and rugs. And the Coconix Floor and Furniture Repair Kit can be used to repair scratches and scuffs on your hardwood and laminate floors as well as on your furniture. With these different kits, you'll have everything you need to tackle any repair project in your home, from the tiniest scuff to the most significant tear. Don't forget to check out the resources section on coconix.com for repair videos, eBooks, and more to help you with your repair projects.
See what people are saying!
Great and Easy product
"I had a hole in the back of my favorite leather chair ( one of a pair) it was about a half inch wide and maybe an inch long. I suspect one of my dogs was guilty of chewing on the leather and leaving me with the hole,,, anyway after panicking and looking on Amazon for a solution I ordered This product and was shocked how great it worked out! Super easy, color was perfect and I literally can’t believe how great it looks! Would definitely recommend 👍"