Coconix Leather and Vinyl Repair Kit
On the other hand, using the Coconix Leather and Vinyl Repair Kit to fix a worn out leather office chair is a much more affordable option. You will save money on labor costs and you will be able to fix the chair yourself in the comfort of your own home. Additionally, it will be a cost-effective solution if you need multiple repairs.
It's also worth noting that when fixing the chair professionally, you will have to leave the chair with the technician and wait for it to be repaired which can take a few days. With the Coconix Leather and Vinyl Repair Kit, you can fix the chair at your own pace, and the process could take a few hours to a full day depending on the severity of the damage.
Fixing a worn out leather office chair professionally can be expensive and time-consuming. However, using the Coconix Leather and Vinyl Repair Kit can be a more affordable and convenient option for those looking to save money and fix the chair themselves.
While it may appear to be a challenging task, this repair process is actually considered to be moderately easy. By taking the time to read through the instructions carefully and following them closely, you will be able to accomplish this task with ease.
The time required for this repair will depend on the size and severity of the worn-out spots. In general, it can take anywhere from a few hours to a full day. But trust us, it's worth the wait to have your leather office chair looking like new again.
Scissors or utility knife (if necessary)
Plastic wrap (optional, for adding texture to the repair)
Preparing the Damaged Area
- Carefully trim any excess threads, jagged bits, or burn marks from the worn-out spots on your leather office chair.
- Cut off any charred material if necessary.
Cleaning the Area
- Clean the area around the tear on your leather couch with rubbing alcohol and a cotton swab
- Make sure to test it on a hidden area first. If alcohol is harsh for your material, you may use warm, soapy water or your usual leather or vinyl cleaner
Mixing the Repair Compound
- If your repair requires a custom color, refer to the Color Mixing Guide in the kit to match the color and prepare the mixture using the empty mixing jar provided.
Applying the Repair Compound
- Apply the repair compound to the worn-out spots on your leather office chair.
- Start by applying it under and along the edges and work from the outside toward the center.
- Use the spatula for larger applications and the brush for surface applications and detail touch-ups.
Drying and Additional Layers
- Allow several hours for the repair compound to dry until it is no longer sticky to the touch on your leather office chair.
- Once dry, apply additional layers until the repaired area is level with the rest of the area.
- Once the repair compound is semi-dry, tear off a slightly larger piece of plastic wrap.
- Press it against the semi-dry final layer of the repair compound.
- When you lift your hand off, the area will be slightly textured.
- Repeat this process until you've achieved the desired texture. Adding texture will help the repaired section to blend with the rest of the leather.
- After the repair compound has dried, use a cotton pad or cotton swab and rubbing alcohol to buff out the edges of the repair on your leather office chair.
And that's it! You've just fixed those worn-out spots on your leather office chair using the Coconix Leather and Vinyl Repair Kit. With a little bit of patience and a lot of elbow grease, you've saved yourself from having to buy a new office chair. So sit back, relax, and enjoy your newly repaired office chair! The texture will make the repair look seamless and it will be hard to tell where the repair was done. Your office chair will look as good as new and you'll be able to use it for many more years to come. So, don't let those worn-out spots hold you back from enjoying your office chair, grab your Coconix Leather and Vinyl Repair Kit and fix it up!
One Repair Leads to Another
And as you can see, the Coconix Leather and Vinyl Repair Kit is a versatile and effective solution for fixing leather and vinyl items. But don't stop there! Coconix also offers the Fabric and Carpet Repair Kit, which is perfect for fixing rips, tears, and burns in fabric furniture and carpets. And for those looking to fix scratches and scuffs in hardwood and laminate floors, the Floor and Furniture Repair Kit is the perfect tool. With these kits, you can tackle any repair in your home, from furniture to floors and everything in between. With Coconix, you can be confident that you'll have the right tools for the job, and the results will be professional and long-lasting.
See what people are saying!
Saved my Cracked Faux Leather Chair Armrest
“I am absolutely thrilled with the results of using the Coconix Leather and Vinyl Repair Kit on my cracked faux leather chair armrest. The kit was incredibly easy to use and the instructions were clear and straightforward. I was able to fix the crack in a matter of minutes and the repair looks almost seamless. I was worried that the repair would be noticeable, but it is virtually invisible and my chair looks like new again. I am so impressed with this product and would highly recommend it to anyone who needs to fix a cracked or damaged piece of leather or vinyl. Thank you, Coconix, for making my chair look like new again!”