Coconix Fabric and Carpet Repair Kit
Alternatively, the Coconix Fabric and Carpet Repair Kit provides a cost-effective solution to fixing cigarette burns in carpets without having to spend a fortune. The kit provides everything you need to make the repair, including the tools and materials to repair the carpet fibers, match the color, and make the repair blend in with the surrounding area. With its easy-to-follow instructions and simple-to-use tools, anyone can fix cigarette burns in carpets with ease, regardless of their carpentry or crafting skills.
If you don't want to pay high prices for professional carpet repairs or deal with the hassle of scheduling appointments and waiting for repairs to be completed, then the Coconix Fabric and Carpet Repair Kit is the perfect solution for you. So why wait? Get your kit today and fix that cigarette burn in your carpet in no time!
This repair process is considered to be easy, as long as you take your time and follow the instructions carefully.
The time required for this repair will depend on the size and severity of the hole on your carpet. In general, it can take anywhere from a few hours to a full day. But trust us, it's worth the wait to have your carpet looking like new again.
Scissors or utility knife (if necessary)
Cotton balls or cotton wadding (if padding is missing)
Preparing the Area
- Prepare the damaged area on your carpet by carefully trimming any excess threads or burn marks.
- Clean the area with a cleaning solution and a cloth.
Mixing the Repair Fibers
- In the mixing jar, add the matching color fibers and the metal ball.
- Attach the lid and shake the jar for at least 30 seconds.
- If your repair requires a custom color, refer to the Color Mixing Guide in the kit to match the color and prepare the mixture using the empty mixing jar provided.
Applying the Repair Glue
- Apply the glue to the burn hole on your carpet, under and along the edges, working from the outside toward the center to avoid air bubbles.
- Fill the damaged area as evenly as possible.
- Apply a thin layer of glue around the damage to blend in the repair as well.
- Take off the lid of the jar and remove the metal ball. Secure the piece of mesh on top of the jar with the rubber band and use this as a sieve.
- Hold the mixing jar upside down above the adhesive and gently tap the mixing jar. This will gradually sift the fibers over the adhesive. Cover the adhesive completely with the fabric fibers.
Finishing the Repair
- Gently pack down the fibers with the spatula. Duplicate any fabric patterns such as lines or swirls with the spatula on your carpet.
- Allow 24 hours for it to dry. Once the fabric glue has dried fully, blow off any excess fibers.
- Use tweezers to remove any loose fibers that may still stick out from the repair.
And there you have it! You've just fixed that unsightly cigarette burn on your carpet and it's looking as good as new. Give yourself a pat on the back, and maybe a pat on the back of your carpet for being such a good sport. Your carpet is now ready for more foot traffic and compliments. Enjoy! And don't forget to use an ashtray next time to avoid this kind of accident.
One Repair Leads to Another
The Coconix brand offers a comprehensive solution for all your repair needs around your home. In addition to the popular Fabric and Carpet Repair Kit, the brand also offers a Floor and Furniture Repair Kit and a Leather and Vinyl Repair Kit.
The Floor and Furniture Repair Kit is the perfect solution for repairing scratches, dings, and other damages on hard surfaces like wood and laminate. With an array of colors to match the finish of your flooring or furniture and easy-to-use tools, this kit makes restoring your surfaces a breeze. Save yourself the cost of replacements and bring your floors and furniture back to life.
The Leather and Vinyl Repair Kit is the answer to repairing tears, cuts, and scratches on leather and vinyl surfaces. With a variety of colors to match the color of your leather or vinyl and simple-to-use tools, this kit makes restoring your leather and vinyl a piece of cake. No need to spend on costly replacements, simply bring your leather and vinyl back to its original condition.
These repair kits are ideal for both professionals and DIY enthusiasts, and they are easy to use, even for those with no prior experience. They are a cost-effective solution for homeowners, renters, or professionals who want to keep their space looking like new. Whether you need to fix a tear in your leather couch, a scratch on your hardwood floor, or a stain on your carpet, Coconix has the perfect kit for the job.
See what people are saying!
Very pleased with this repair kit! I am not even remotely handy or crafty and was able to repair the small burn hole in my rug without relative ease. The instructions were very simple to follow, and I was able to match the rug color pretty closely using a mix of the beige and grey fibers. Highly recommend!