How much does it cost to repair a hole in a leather ottoman?
When it comes to repairing a hole in a leather ottoman, you have the option of hiring a professional or doing it yourself with the Coconix Leather and Vinyl Repair Kit. The cost of professional repairs can vary greatly depending on the size of the hole and the location of the furniture. On average, professional repairs can cost anywhere from $50 to $200 or more.
Coconix Leather and Vinyl Repair Kit
However, with the Coconix Leather and Vinyl Repair Kit, you can complete the repair for a fraction of the cost. The kit includes everything you need to fix the hole, including the repair compound, mixing jar, spatula and more. Plus, you'll have the added satisfaction of knowing that you did it yourself.
In addition to the cost, using the Coconix Leather and Vinyl Repair Kit also offers the convenience of being able to repair your leather ottoman at home, without having to schedule an appointment with a professional and without having to leave your home. With the easy to follow instructions and repair videos available here on the Coconix website, you can be sure that you'll be able to complete the repair successfully.
So, whether you're looking to save money or just want the convenience of being able to fix your own furniture, the Coconix Leather and Vinyl Repair Kit is a great solution for repairing holes in your leather ottoman.
With a bit of care and attention to detail, you can complete this repair with relative ease. Simply take your time and follow the instructions closely, and you will be able to accomplish this task with minimal difficulty.
Depending on the size and severity of the hole, this repair process can take anywhere from a few hours to a full day. But trust us, it's worth the wait to have your leather ottoman looking like new again.
Scissors or utility knife (if necessary)
Plastic wrap (optional, for adding texture to the repair)
Preparing the Damaged Area
- Carefully trim any excess threads, jagged bits, or burn marks from the hole on your leather ottoman
- Cut off any charred material if necessary
Cleaning the Area
- Clean the area around the hole on your leather ottoman with rubbing alcohol and a cotton swab
- Make sure to test it on a hidden area first. If alcohol is harsh for your material, you may use warm, soapy water or your usual leather or vinyl cleaner
Adding Backing Fabric
- Cut a piece of backing fabric with rounded edges, slightly larger than the hole on your leather ottoman
- Insert it with the spatula provided in the kit
Mixing the Repair Compound
- If your repair requires a custom color, refer to the Color Mixing Guide in the kit to match the color and prepare the mixture using the empty mixing jar provided
Applying the Repair Compound
- Apply the repair compound to the damaged area on your leather ottoman
- Start by applying it under and along the edges and work from the outside toward the center
- Use the spatula for larger applications and the brush for surface applications and detail touch-ups
Drying and Additional Layers
- Allow several hours for the repair compound to dry until it is no longer sticky to the touch on your leather ottoman
- Once dry, apply additional layers until the repaired area is level with the rest of the area
- To add texture to your repair finish, tear off a slightly larger piece of plastic wrap
- Press it against the semi dry final layer of the repair compound
- When you lift your hand off, the area will be slightly textured
- Repeat this process until you’ve achieved the desired texture on your leather ottoman
Buffing Out the Edges
- After the repair compound has dried, use a cotton pad or cotton swab and rubbing alcohol to buff out the edges on your leather ottoman
- Wipe your ottoman down with a damp cloth or leather cleaner every few weeks to remove dust and dirt.
- Avoid spilling liquids or exposing it to direct sunlight for long periods of time.
- Use a leather conditioner to nourish the leather and restore its natural shine.
- Regularly check the repair area and if any sign of wear and tear, reapply the repair compound, and repeat the steps until the repair is seamless.
And there you have it! Your leather ottoman is now looking as good as new. You should be proud of yourself for taking on this repair project and saving yourself a significant amount of money. Not to mention, you've also avoided having to schedule appointments, and wait for a professional to come and fix it for you. With the Coconix Leather and Vinyl Repair Kit, you have the flexibility to do the repair at your own convenience.
Remember to take your time, and don't hesitate to ask for help if needed. The Coconix repair experts are always available to answer your questions and offer assistance at coconix.com/support. Also, make sure to keep your ottoman clean and conditioned to ensure the longevity of your repair. Happy ottoman repairing!
One Repair Leads to Another
In addition to the Leather and Vinyl Repair Kit, Coconix also offers the Fabric and Carpet Repair Kit and the Floor and Furniture Repair Kit. These kits are specially designed to help you tackle a wide range of repairs in your home, from fixing ripped carpets and frayed furniture to repairing scuffs and burns on your floors.
Each kit comes with a comprehensive instruction manual and a personal repair advisor available at coconix.com/support, making it easy for anyone to tackle repairs on their own. With the help of these kits, you can save money on expensive professional repairs and have the satisfaction of knowing that you were able to fix the problem yourself.
So, whether you're looking to repair a ripped couch cushion or a scratched hardwood floor, Coconix has you covered. Give one of these kits a try and see the difference it can make in your home. Happy repairing!
See what people are saying!
Coconix Leather and Vinyl Repair Kit Truly Saved My Ottoman
“I recently had a hole in my beloved leather ottoman and was worried about finding a solution that would not only repair the damage but also match the color and texture of the leather. I stumbled upon the Coconix Leather and Vinyl Repair Kit and decided to give it a try. I am so glad I did! The kit was incredibly easy to use and the results were astounding. The repair blended seamlessly with the rest of the ottoman and you could barely even tell there was ever a hole there. The color match was perfect and the texture of the leather was left unchanged. I am extremely impressed with the quality of the product and would highly recommend the Coconix Leather and Vinyl Repair Kit to anyone in need of a leather repair. It truly saved my ottoman from being thrown out and gave it new life. Thank you Coconix!”