Coconix Leather and Vinyl Repair Kit
However, with the Coconix Leather and Vinyl Repair Kit, you can easily repair your punctured leather bar stool yourself and save a significant amount of money. The kit includes everything you need to make the repair, and it's easy to use. The instructions provided in the kit are clear and easy to follow, ensuring that even those who are not handy with tools can make the repair.
With a bit of patience and a careful attention to detail, you can complete this repair with relative ease. Simply take your time and follow the instructions closely, and you will be able to accomplish this task with minimal difficulty.
The time required for this repair will depend on the size and severity of the puncture. In general, it can take anywhere from a few hours to a full day. But trust us, it's worth the wait to have your bar stool looking like new again.
Scissors or utility knife (if necessary)
Plastic wrap (optional, for adding texture to the repair)
Preparing the Damaged Area
- Carefully trim any excess threads, jagged bits, or burn marks from the puncture on your leather bar stool.
- Cut off any charred material if necessary.
Cleaning the Area
- Clean the area around the puncture on your leather bar stool with rubbing alcohol and a cotton swab.
- Make sure to test it on a hidden area first. If alcohol is harsh for your material, you may use warm, soapy water or your usual leather or vinyl cleaner.
Preparing the Backing Fabric (if needed)
- For punctures larger than 1/4 of an inch, cut a piece of backing fabric with rounded edges, slightly larger than the tear.
- Insert it with the spatula provided in the kit.
Mixing the Repair Compound
- If your repair requires a custom color, refer to the Color Mixing Guide in the kit to match the color and prepare the mixture using the empty mixing jar provided
Applying the Repair Compound
- Apply the repair compound to the puncture on your leather bar stool.
- Start by applying it under and along the edges and work from the outside toward the center.
- Use the spatula for larger applications and the brush for surface applications and detail touch-ups.
Drying and Additional Layers
- Allow several hours for the repair compound to dry until it is no longer sticky to the touch on your leather bar stool.
- Once dry, apply additional layers until the repaired area is level with the rest of the area.
- Once the repair compound is semi-dry, tear off a slightly larger piece of plastic wrap.
- Press it against the semi-dry final layer of the repair compound.
- When you lift your hand off, the area will be slightly textured.
- Repeat this process until you've achieved the desired texture. Adding texture will help the repaired section to blend with the rest of the leather.
After the repair compound has dried, use a cotton pad or cotton swab and rubbing alcohol to buff out the edges of the repair on your leather bar stool.
Voila! You've just repaired that puncture on your leather bar stool using the Coconix Leather and Vinyl Repair Kit. With a little bit of patience and a bit of elbow grease, you've saved yourself the cost of a new stool and can now enjoy your spot at the bar in style. Don't forget to show off your handy work to your friends and let them know that you're the go-to person for all their leather and vinyl repair needs. Cheers to a job well done!
One Repair Leads to Another
In addition to the Leather and Vinyl Repair Kit, the Coconix Fabric and Carpet Repair Kit and the Floor and Furniture Repair Kit are also great options to have on hand for any home repairs. Whether it's a tear in your couch cushion or a scuff on your hardwood floor, these kits have everything you need to tackle any fabric, carpet, or flooring repairs. With a variety of color fibers and tools included, you'll be able to match any repair to the existing color and texture of your surfaces. These kits are also easy to use and come with detailed instructions and support from Coconix repair experts. So why not give them a try and see how you can use them to improve the look of your home.
See what people are saying!
Great Product and Customer Service
I attempted to repair 2 stools. I couldn't get the color to match. I emailed pictures to customer service. They responded quickly with instructions to correct the color, which included sending me the additional colors needed to make the match. I highly recommend their product and rate their customer service A+.