How much does it cost to repair a scratched wooden dining table?
Repairing a scratched wooden dining table can be a costly endeavor, especially if you choose to have it done professionally. The cost of professional repairs can vary greatly depending on the size and severity of the scratches, as well as the location and reputation of the repair company. On average, you can expect to pay anywhere from $50 to $200 or more for professional repairs.
Coconix repair kits are the best choice!
However, with the Floor and Furniture Repair Kit, you can easily repair your scratched wooden dining table yourself at a fraction of the cost. Not only will you save money by avoiding professional repair costs, but you'll also have the satisfaction of knowing that you were able to repair your table yourself. Plus, you can use the kit for other furniture repairs in the future. By using the Floor and Furniture Repair Kit, you can save money and have your scratched wooden dining table looking like new again in no time! So, don't wait any longer, get your kit and start your furniture repair adventure today!
This repair process is considered to be easy, as long as you take your time and follow the instructions carefully.
The time required for this repair will depend on the size and severity of the scratches on your dining table. In general, it can take anywhere from a few hours to a full day. But trust us, it's worth the wait to have your table looking like new again.
Sandpaper (if needed)
Preparing the Area
- Prepare the damaged area by carefully trimming any excess threads, jagged bits, or burn marks.
- Carefully clean the area with rubbing alcohol and a cotton swab or cotton pad.
- Make sure to test it on a hidden area first. If alcohol is harsh for your material, you may use warm, soapy water or your usual leather or vinyl cleaner.
Mixing the Repair Compound
- If your repair requires a custom color, refer to the Color Mixing Guide found in the kit to match the color and prepare the mixture in the empty mixing jar.
Applying the Repair Compound
- Apply the repair compound to the damaged area. Start by applying it along the edges and work from the outside to the center to avoid air bubbles.
- Use the spatula for larger applications and the brush for surface applications and detail touch-ups.
- Smooth out the surface and wipe off the excess with a paper towel.
Drying and Additional Layers
- Allow several hours for the repair compound to dry until it is no longer sticky to the touch.
- If needed, apply additional layers until the repaired area is level with the surrounding area.
Adding Texture (optional)
- If your wood has grain patterns, designs, or texture, you can recreate them using the small brush and dark colors like Walnut, Mahogany and Black.
- Avoid placing hot items directly on the table surface, as this can cause discoloration or warping.
- Use coasters or placemats to protect the table from scratches and spills.
- Dust the table regularly with a soft cloth or brush to remove any dirt or debris.
- Use a mild cleaning solution and a damp cloth to clean the table surface. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive materials.
- Apply a coat of furniture wax or sealant to the table surface to protect it from scratches and spills.
- Keep the table out of direct sunlight and away from heat sources to prevent discoloration or warping.
And that's it! Your scratched wooden dining table has been successfully repaired and is ready for use. Show off your handy work to your friends and family at your next dinner party. Don't forget to visit coconix.com/resources for more tips and tricks on furniture repairs. Happy repairing!
One Repair Leads to Another
In addition to the Coconix Floor and Furniture Repair Kit, the Coconix brand also offers the Fabric and Carpet Repair Kit and the Leather and Vinyl Repair Kit. These kits are perfect for tackling other repair projects around your home. The Fabric and Carpet Repair Kit is perfect for repairing holes, tears, and burns in your carpets, rugs, and upholstery. It includes a variety of colors of fabric and carpet repair compound, as well as all needed tools and instructions for easy use. This kit is great for repairing damages caused by pets, kids, or general wear and tear.
The Leather and Vinyl Repair Kit is ideal for repairing scratches, cuts, and holes in leather and vinyl furniture, car interiors, and clothing. It includes a variety of colors of leather and vinyl repair compound, as well as all needed tools and instructions for easy use. This kit is great for restoring the look and feel of your leather and vinyl items, giving them a new lease on life.
Both the Fabric and Carpet Repair Kit and the Leather and Vinyl Repair Kit are easy to use and come with detailed instructions for achieving professional-looking results. Whether you're a homeowner, renter, or a professional, these repair kits are a must-have for your toolbox. With Coconix, you can tackle any repair project with confidence and ease.
See what people are saying!
Gets the job done!
This repair kit was a lifesaver! I had atablethat wasscratchedup pretty badly from a move, and needed something quick and cheap to restore it. This kit pleasantly surprised me! I got it originally because it came with the staining/paint materials and the wood putty filler (which I originally thought I needed). I read the instructions carefully and decided the putty wasn’t necessary for my type of damage. I also will say, it’s clear that some reviewers didn’t take the time to mix colors to match, so don’t be mislead by those! It did take me a while to get the mixture close though. It wasn’t perfect, but it got the job done!