Follow these 4 Easy Steps:
REPAIR STEPS IN DETAIL
1. Prepare the damaged area by trimming off loose threads or jagged bits and cleaning it with a household cleaner.
2. Prepare your color mixture. Fill the color fibers into the empty jar. Add the metal ball into the mixing jar, screw the lid on, and shake the jar for at least 30 seconds. Remove the metal ball and secure the mesh to the jar with the rubber band to create a sifter.
3. Apply the glue to the damaged area, and work from the outside to the center to avoid air bubbles. Fill the damaged area as evenly as possible. Also, apply a thin layer of glue around the damage to blend in the repair.
4. Hold the mixing jar above the adhesive upside down and gently tap the mixing jar. This will sift the fibers on the adhesive. Cover the fabric glue completely with fiber. Gently pack down the fibers with the spatula. Duplicate any fabric patterns such as lines or swirls with the spatula.
5. For upside down damage: Since the damage is upside down and you cannot sift the fibers on the adhesive, we recommend using a flat surface material like a plastic lid. Spread the color fibers on the flat surface material and gently let color fibers touch the glue applied to the damage. You may need to apply multiple thin layers of the color fibers to rebuild the damaged area.
6. Allow 24 hours to dry. Once the fabric glue is fully dry, blow off excess fibers. If the repaired area gets hard wear, you can protect it by spraying a clear hairspray over the area.