Very much worth the price. Saving us from having to buy a new chair for a while.
Coconix Leather and Vinyl Repair Kit - Mix & Match Any Color
Never received ordered product? Please respond ! Yes received. Won’t use on repair until mid Oct. CR seat located in AZ
I'm very happy with this kit! The enclosed detailed instructions and tips encourage the user to contact customer service for individualized help. I did that and Sheryn responded with lightning speed! I sent Sheryn photos of the damage to my car's console and she replied rapidly with a customized color mixing recipe and specific instructions tsilored to my repair. Despite the detailed chart included with the kit, I never would have settled on the mixture Sheryn suggested. She saved me hours.
1) Patience! Color-mixing is an art. This is not a five-minute fix.
2) Plan on a few coats. Over two days, I slowly built up the repair to be higher than needed. Given my repair was for a small tear, I found the brush to be superior to the spatula as an applicator.
3) The instructions suggest smoothing down the repair with alcohol and a cloth. I found a fine emery board to be far more effective and it produced a superior result as it allowed for feathering of the repaired section into the surrounding intact area. It also produced the desired flat finish.
4) I got the color match close and saved the precise adjustment of color for the last coat.
5) Pure acetone is much better solvent than is alcohol for cleaning the spatula, brush, and any goofs.
Overall, an excellent product, spectacular customer service, and all at a reasonable price.
I love the product and fairly good match, however , I forgot t to feather it out / smooth it out while still damp. I’ll tray and smooth it out with alcohol pads when dry. In order to fill the gap I put it on to thick. Will get back to you when project compled.