Scroll down to get the detailed repair steps of your repair project.
Follow these 5 Easy Steps:
REPAIR STEPS IN DETAIL
1. Start by carefully removing paint chips and wood splinters. Prepare the damaged area by cleaning the area and removing any debris. Wipe it down with a damp cloth and let it dry thoroughly.
2. For damaged corners or holes wider and deeper than 1/4 of an inch: First use the wood putty to fill the gap. Cut off the required amount of wood putty and knead it to a uniform color. Apply within 2 minutes after kneading. Press the putty firmly until curing is noticeable. Please do not leave a bulge. For a smooth surface, rub the area with a damp cloth prior to hardening. After 1 hour, the wood putty can be sanded, tapped and drilled.
3. Prepare your color mixture. If you need assistance on color matching your wood, you may contact our Coconix Support Team. To learn more about color matching, please read our Coconix Color Matching Guide.
4. After matching your color, apply the repair compound to the damaged area. First, apply it along the edges and work from the outside to the center to avoid air bubbles. Use the spatula for larger applications and the brush for surface applications and detail touch ups. Smooth out the surface and wipe off the excess with a paper towel.
5. Allow several hours to dry until the repair compound is no longer sticky to touch. If needed, apply additional layers until the repaired area is flush with the rest.
6. The correct sheen is almost as important as the correct color.
For a matte finish: Carefully rub the repaired area with a pad of steel wool to lower the sheen.
For a glossy finish: Apply varnish or clear lacquer over the repaired area.
REPAIR VIDEO: How to Repair Wood Holes
Downloadable Instructional Manual
To repair other wood damages, proceed to the following links: